Here’s What’s Happening at Grace!
December 10, 2017
- MEN’S BREAKFAST—This Saturday, December 9th, from 7:30-9:00am, all men are invited to share breakfast together, which includes a Bible teaching time at the office, 9701 Dino Dr., Suite 100, Elk Grove.
- ANGEL TREE GIFTS DELIVERY TEAMS—This Saturday, December 9th at 9:30am, please meet at the church office for prayer, sharing past experiences and answering any questions.
- CHRISTMAS SEASON AT GRACE–There are more opportunities to invite people for our Christmas series 12/10 & 12/17, and on Sunday, December 24th, Christmas Eve, for our morning service that will include the kids as we center our service around the Christmas story. Don’t miss out on this special season at Grace Church as we continue to “bring good news of great joy that will be for all people” – the birth of a Savior, Christ the Lord!
- CHRISTMAS INVITATIONS—We have postcard-size invitations at the Information table for you to pick up and hand out to family, friends & neighbors announcing our Christmas special Sundays.
- SENIORS OF GRACE CHURCH—There will be a Seniors Christmas Brunch Open House at someone’s home of on Tuesday, December 12th, from 11am to 3pm. Come for fellowship, food and fun.
- MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY—From the Grace White Cross Mission Group, each Sunday through 12/17, we will be collecting donations of new or like new socks for men, women & children, to be donated to the Union Gospel Mission. The donation box will be by the Visitor table on those Sundays.
- FACILITY FUND OPPORTUNITY & UPDATE–God continues to show up in big ways, stirring our hearts towards establishing Grace Church into a more permanent facility. In order to keep this movement going, the elders had prayerfully set a goal of $20,000 to be raised for the Facility Fund in these last 11 weeks of 2017. And I’m happy to report that God is making it happen! We have made great progress towards this goal, with four more Sundays left in the year to finish strong. We look forward to reporting a praise to you in January, and how we will keep this fund rolling in 2018. Blessings!
- MISSIONS MINISTRY SPECIAL PROJECT–Our Missions ministry is doing a special project to send Christmas gifts to the young ladies at the Agape Restoration House in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, where one of our missionaries works. She provided a list to someone of very practical, much-needed gifts for these girls, which are not readily available in Phnom Penh; they range in price from $5 to $25. Please go to the Missions table on Sundays, where you may donate toward the gifts, which will make Christmas very special for these girls.
- CHRISTMAS DEVOTIONAL—For those of you who were not at service last Sunday or for our visitors today, we handed out a Christmas devotional, and we have one for your family. Please go to the Visitor’s Table to receive one. Please, one per family.
- SUNDAY CHRISTMAS CAROLERS—Once again this year, we will have Christmas carolers as the greeters at the door before service today, and December 17th & 24th.
- DICKENS FAIRE–Thank you to all who helped set-up our booth, staff the event, and then take down the booth at the end of the day. It took a lot of Grace Church people to make this community outreach be a success. Praise God for each of you that were involved in reaching the children by helping them make a tree ornament craft, tell them about God’s love for us through the birth of Jesus and talk to the adults about our church Christmas Celebration events. It was a blessing for each of our church workers and we are praying that it was a blessing to the community. The Evangelism and Missions Team.